Personal Librarian FAQs
What is the Personal Librarian program? The Personal Librarian (PL) Program is designed to introduce students entering Walsh University to the collections and services of the Walsh University Brother Edmond Drouin Library. Upon matriculation, each freshman will be matched with a research librarian who can help with the transition to academic research and any questions about library collections, study spaces and/or staff.
Do I have to come see you? You do not for the Personal Librarian program, but you DO HAVE to visit as part of your GE 100/110 assignment.
How do I contact my PL? Click on your PL's name tab (above) and see what contact information is listed.
I forget who my PL is. Email email@example.com with your name and we'll let you know!
How can my Personal Librarian help me?
Your PL will:
- Help you find your way around the library
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and student oriented programs
- Remind you of important events, such as extended Library hours during Finals Week
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as check out times and how to renew books
- Assist with finding information for your research assignments, by helping you articulate your research question, identify the best sources and formulate your search strategy
- Provide virtual support via chat, email etc. even when you are off campus
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
- Show you how to research for job interview
- If we don't know the answer, we'll try to find out who can address your question
Things we don't do (but we'll help you find out who can):
- Your assignments or research
- Write or proofread papers - the Academic Support Center 209 Farrell Hall provides excellent tutoring help
- Fix your computer or network profile - Contact the Help Desk 330-244-4357 (2nd floor of Farrell Hall at the top of the stairs)