ETD Account Set Up
Instructions for Students
Copyright requires that students submit their own papers.
1. Begin at: https://etdadmin.ohiolink.edu
2. Create your account by clicking on New User? Register Here!
3. Select Submitter/Student Account
4. You should receive a system generated password and account conformation so that you can upload your work.
5. Create an ETD Submission by selecting the Create New ETD button (details in the document below). There are several steps to this process. Please refer to the detailed instruction document below and the tabs at the top of this guide for information specific to your department.
6. When entering data into the submission form, you may paste a working copy of titles and abstracts from versions in word processors. However, many word processors, including Microsoft Word, use a number of characters that are not allowed in ETD files. These characters (ASCII characters 127 through 159) include the Windows version of "smart" or "curly" single and double quotes, the ellipsis character, and em- and en-dashes. We recommend that you substitute either valid HTML character entities for these, or use straight quotes, three periods, and hyphens as replacements. Submissions that are not edited for special characters will be returned for re-formatting. This only applies to the ETD form and not the .PDF file of the paper itself. For more information see the Special Character Instructions.
7. Work must be uploaded as a .PDF file. Please make sure when you convert your document that the .PDF file does not have headings at the bottom of the page with the accompanying text bumped to the next page. This looks unprofessional.
8. Once the paper has been uploaded and approved by a reviewer at your institution (this may be your adviser) you will be able to search for it at the OhioLINK ETD Center.
9. If you have any questions contact Heidi Beke-Harrigan in the library at 330-490-7186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.