What is EndNote?
EndNote is reference management software. It is used to manage personal reference data and create bibliographies for writing.
EndNote allows you to create and organize your personal library of searchable references to books, journal articles, conference papers and other publications. You can download references from library catalogs and databases and store the full texts of the references in your Endnote library.
EndNote also enables you to create your bibliographies automatically by inserting references from your EndNote library into a Word document. EndNote formats the bibliography for your paper in the reference style that you choose.
EndNote is available in both a Windows and Mac version.
A New feature is the Emerging Sources Citation Index - This index will make discoverable journal literature that is currently being evaluated for inclusion in the core Science, Social Science, and Arts & Humanities Citation Indexes. This will take into consideration emerging research journals and represent the research from emerging global markets.
My References Shows the content of your Endnote Web library
- Shows the author, title, year, and secondary title if there is one.
- To the left you will see the groups in your library, use these to view references in a group or all the references in your library.
- Quick Search: searches records within your library.
Collect allows you to add new references to your library
- Use New References to enter a reference manually.
- Use Import References to import text files containing references saved from the online databases or from other bibliographic software programs.
Organize allows you to create and manage groups within your library
- Use Manage My Groups to create groups and share groups with other EndNote Web users.
- Use Find Duplicates to find duplicate references within your library.
Format allows you to use various formatting options for your EndNote Web references.
- Use Bibliographies to create independent bibliographies from your references.
Options allows you to change your email address, your password, and other profile options.