Library faculty will work with you to teach in-class sessions based on your assignments and course curriculum. Our instruction sessions are customized presentations, with hands-on training when appropriate, specifically tailored to your class's assigned research assignments. Students learn to select, evaluate, and use quality resources for their research.
To ensure the best possible learning experience for your students, we have established some minimum requirements for scheduling instruction and providing assignments.
Schedule library instruction sessions at least two weeks in advance. This allows the library faculty time to:
- Schedule preferred date and time and reserve a computer lab if necessary
- Tailor the instruction to fit your students’ needs
- Compile appropriate materials and design effective guides
Provide an up-to-date course syllabus and a written description of relevant class assignments. With your cooperation:
- Library faculty are able to design a unique session that is immediately relevant to students’ actual research needs, greatly benefiting students.
- Students can immediately apply research concepts to relevant required assignments, which greatly increases their interest and their retention of those concepts.
- If a faculty member does not have a relevant class assignment, library faculty are happy to collaborate in the design of an assignment or series of assignments to reinforce information literacy concepts.
Questions? Please contact the Instruction Services Librarian, Stephanie Henderson, at x7187 or firstname.lastname@example.org